Sunday, February 21, 2021

The plan

 My life very rarely goes to plan.

But I have a plan.

Today I sat down and wrote, and wrote, and wrote, and I'm not sure if what I have is beautiful or pure crap or somewhere bland in between place, but I have a breakdown of my book by chapter, and a list of characters and their traits and relationships. There are some missing pieces - okay, there are a LOT of missing pieces - but the bones are there, and I know that there is something.

Today I wrote over 2000 words in two hours. I'm not sure if it counts because it was outlining, but I think it counts. Figuring out the order is hard for me - telling the story is the fun part, but making sure that I have a story to tell is the hard part. It's taken me a couple of years in my head (playing with the ideas) to get to this point, but now I know I'm ready.

I can't wait to introduce the world to Mary. I think you're going to love her, I think she's going to make you cringe, and I think you're going to cheer for her anyway.


Back at it tomorrow. Tomorrow will be harder because I will teach all day, and still need to walk the dog and make dinner and do the laundry...

But I'll face that tomorrow. Today, I used up all my brainpower by writing, and it was a success. Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Again?

 I have Covid. Again. I'm kind of hoping that third time is the charm. I'm fully vaccinated (what - five, six times now?), and becau...